We’ve been researching the best golf balls so you don’t have to. We’ve checked all the publications and online websites to see what they are recommending. Here’s what we’ve found.
In our golf ball reviews we’ve found that these balls have all been given a “Gold” rating by Golf Digest and Golf Magazine. That means they’ve been tested against many other golf balls and have come out on top for best value.
Golf Balls Under $20
These balls are generally 2-piece golf balls that offer great value. Unless your game really can justify a top-of-the-line ball (and you can afford them) you won’t regret choosing these “cost-effective” balls.
Titleist DT Carry Golf Balls – Gold Rating at Golf Digest
The DT Carry golf balls from Titleist are the latest ball to replace the popular DT SoLo golf ball. Titleist offers the DT Carry golf ball as the latest and greatest in a low compression/distance golf ball which translates to better feel around the green and longer down the fairway.
The Titleist DT Carry features a new, high lift 252 dimple design to deliver more carry/hang time for even greater distance!
- The DT Carry is a 2 piece golf ball with a surlyn cover and is made for amateurs with slower swing speeds.
- New to the DT Series golf balls is the A.I.M. (Alignment Integrated Marking) sidestamp to help line up your putts so you can feel more confident on the green!
- 2 Piece Construction *Surlyn Cover
- High lift 252 dimple design for longer carry and more distance
- New, A.I.M. (Alignment Integrated Marking) sidestamp – integrated alignment guide for improved putting alignment
Srixon Soft Feel – Gold Rating at Golf Digest
Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls are designed to give you unbeatable driver distance with amazing soft feel. Srixon’s newly developed E.G.G. core combined with a soft ionomer cover is what makes the Soft Feel a step beyond in distance technology. This 2 piece construction golf ball is a great low compression, brand name choice golf ball for golfers with a slower swing speed that want to get the most distance with a soft feel. Get great distance and feel with Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls!
- 2-Piece Construction
- Highly elastic, Soft Ionomer Cover transfers maximum clubhead energy at impact
- Soft E.G.G. core delivers unsurpassed Distance with amazing Soft Feel
Pinnacle Gold Distance
The Pinnacle Gold FX Long appeals to golfers who are looking for long, straight distance golf balls. Pinnacle designed this 2 piece, low spin, distance golf ball to go long at any swing speed. Pinnacle Gold FX Long Golf Balls are a great choice for aspiring long drivers and value conscious recreational golfers.
- Low spin Surlyncover
- New, firmer, higher velocity core
- High coverage 330 Icosahedral dimple design
- Alignment guide to promote better putting accuracy
This ball is a personal favorite of mine. It’s definitely longer than the Pro V1x I often use. It’s just not as soft and I don’t control it quite as well. But I never regret playing it. And it’s definitely one of the best values in golf.
Golf Balls $20-$40
These balls are generally 3-piece with newer technology. Depending on your game you can find a great value in this category.
Bridgestone E6 – Golf Digest Gold Rating
To maximize distance for your swing, you need to choose the right ball. The new scientifically engineered e5 and e6 allow players to choose the ball that optimized the trajectory and distance of their tee shots, while providing soft feel and control around the greens. Find your edge and optimize your distance.
- 3-Piece Construction
- 330 Seamless Dimple Design *Soft and Control Suryln Cover
- e6 reduces excess side spin providing a straighter ball flight to maximize your distance
Callaway HX Hot – Golf Digest Gold Rating
The Callaway HX Hot golf ball is built for speed. The HX Hot golf ball is a 3 piece golf ball, has a solid core that is surrounded by a soft, elastic boundary layer to boost velocity, and a firm outer covering for low spin and increased accuracy. HX Hot golf balls have HEX dimple design to reduce ball flight drag and adds tour level flight stability. Callaway Golf, a great name brand, has produced a high performance, low compression distance golf ball for just about every swing speed. The HX Hot golf ball will give you long distance shots and an extra soft feel around the green.
- 3-Piece construction
- 332 Sub-hexagonal dimples for Consistent, penetrating ball flight
- Durable, Ionomer cover and boundary layer
- Hex design reduces drag for longer distance
Nike One Vapor
The Nike One Vapor Golf Ball brings tour quality to the average golfer. Produced with a lower compression this 3-piece ionomer blend cover is made to lower scores and improve performance from any lie.
- 3-Piece Construction; 336 dimple Seamless Ionomer Blend Cover
- Low compression to assist golfers with average swing speeds
- Power Transfer Layer provides ulitmate distance and control no matter what iron you use
» Best deals on Nike One Vapor Golf Balls at GolfBalls.com
Golf Balls Over $35
These 3 and 4-piece balls are the top of the line. The question is can your game handle these high-tech balls. If you need maximum distance and total control then they could well be worth it.
Titleist Pro V1 and V1x – Golf Digest Gold Rating
The 2015 Titleist Pro V1 Golf Ball pushes the envelope with distance, performance and durability. The Pro-V1 golf ball is made for a wide range of golfers with varying launch conditions. But you do have to ask yourself, how much can they really change the ball from year to year? I wonder.
- Newly reformulated and larger core provides soft feel, while contributing to longer distance
- Redesigned thinner, Ionomeric casing layer contributes to improved Drop-and-Stop scoring performance
- A new, high performance Urethane Elastomer formulation offers improved cover durability on all shots
- Tour-proven high coverage 392 multi-dimple design with Staggered Wave parting line for consistent ball flight
Bridgestone B330 Series
The Bridgestone B330-RX is the latest golf ball in the B330 line and is designed for the amateur golfer. The B330RX offers increased distance for the golfer with an average swing speed of 105mph or less. The Bridgestone B330-RX is the SOFTEST multiple-layer Urethane Ball on the market.
- Large & SOFT Gradational Core with a soft feel and additional forgiveness
- Designed with a Mantle layer for and workability and high repulsion with Seamless 330 dimple pattern for pinpoint accuracy
- Made specifically with the Amateur Player in mind < 105 MPH Swing Speeds
- Excellent option for your Company Logo Golf Ball or for use as a Personalized Golf Gift
Callaway Tour I
The Callaway Golf Tour i is a name brand ball in a class all by itself. Using an innovative 4 piece construction, the Tour i has a tungsten-infused outer core that helps reduce driver spin for longer distance and straighter shots while the softer urethane cover generates more short-game spin for greater precision control. The Callaway Golf Tour i is the perfect ball for players seeking high performance off the tee and around the green.
- 4-piece dual core construction provides maximum feel while allowing for high ball speeds and premium distance
- Tungsten-infused outer core redistributes weight away from the center of the ball to reduce driver spin
- High-density mantle layer also reduces spin and produces high ball speeds to maximize distance
- Softer urethane cover generates unmatched feel with increased short-game spin for precision shot-making